Proper care can help ensure your jewelry remains in good condition over term.
Wearing Your Jewelry
- Keep away from chemicals such as perfume and make-up. Limit exposure to liquids, such as hot baths or hot spring. Exposure to extreme temperatures such as direct sunlight should also be kept at a minimum.
- Always apply items like lotion, cosmetics, hairspray and perfume before putting on your jewelry.
- Avoid wearing your jewelry when engaging in physical activities such as sports or gardening to prevent damage.
Cleaning Your Jewelry
- Gently wipe off any makeup residue and skin oil with a clean, soft dry cloth after each wearing.
- For gemstones or pearls, do not immerse in water, as this can loosen some settings. Never submerge in cleaning agents or use abrasives cleaners on gemstones.
- Do not immerse your silver jewelry in substances like chlorine, salt water, mineral springs or suntan lotion.
- Use a non-abrasive silver polishing cloth to maintain your sterling silver jewelry.
Storing Your Jewelry
- Store in a fabric-lined box, separately or individually-wrapped in microfiber cloth to prevent scratches.
- For sterling silver jewelry, wrap the piece in jeweler’s paper and place it inside a plastic zipper bag when not wearing to slow tarnish from developing.
- Please note that pearls and opals should be stored in fabric instead of plastic.
- Avoid storing or wearing your gemstones and pearls in locations that receive extended exposure to sunlight.
- Avoid storing or wearing your silver jewelry in environments where the air has a high salt content.
- You may also store your pieces in a jewelry box to keep them away from moisture, dirt, and other tarnish.